External Review and Development Support
Our consultancy and training will help you along the way to become the critical friend your school needs.
Whether you are a new governor or one with considerable experience, we know how important your work is and we are on hand to provide you with the support you need.
We can support you to:
- Shape school priorities.
- Identify strengths and areas for development.
- Develop a cycle of review and implementation.
- Meet your statutory responsibilities.
- Carry out your head teacher performance management review.
- Increase your knowledge and skills.
We offer several support packages that you can access throughout the whole year. We are also happy to tailor our support packages and training sessions to meet your specific needs.
Our support packages:
Governor Improvement Partner
Benefit from a skilled and experienced Governor Improvement Partner to support you in shaping priorities, implement changes and provide bespoke training.
- Provide on-going advice and support to help you develop a cycle of review and improvement.
- Plan meetings and activities bespoke to your improvement needs.
- Provide practical support and feedback.
External Review of School Governance
An external review of governance looks at how well your school’s governing board is working. A governance professional will work with your governing board, headteacher and clerk to improve the performance of your governing body.
This two-day review consists of:
- An audit of documentation and the school website for compliance.
- An initial discussion and school visit to meet key stakeholders.
- A written report with recommendations.
- A follow up meeting to support action planning.
Our review aims to help your governing board to:
- Be more skilled, focused and effective.
- Be more aware of the freedoms that it has to work in different ways.
- Be clear in its vision for the school or academy and how, together with the school leadership team, it can achieve this.
- Be confident that it has a clear delineation of roles and responsibilities.
- Have the right number of skilled and committed governors to meet the needs of the school or academy.
- Hold school leaders to account for improving outcomes for all pupils, including those who are disadvantaged.
Contact us to find out more.