Inclusion and Wellbeing
The inclusion and wellbeing support team are here to help you meet all of your requirements for the Ofsted judgement – personal development, behaviour and welfare.
School Improvement and Consultation
- Work within the social and emotional aspects of learning framework training for staff.
- Behavioural management policy development.
- PSHE advice to help you develop an effective and current curriculum, including coverage of difficult issues such as drugs, alcohol and smoking and relationships and sex education - including preparing for statutory implementation.
- Behaviour audit of existing practice through our ‘behaviour for learning’ observation.
- Professional reflection and development.
- Pre and post Ofsted advice and support.
- Ways to Wellbeing Award.
- Difference and Diversity within the curriculum.
- Guidance on behaviour and attendance including statutory duties.
- Pupil participation including School Councils and peer mentoring.
- Guidance to ensure compliance with the Equality Act.
- Professional discussions/coaching centred on behaviour management to inform Quality First Teaching.
- Student focussed classroom observation for behaviour or English as an Additional Language (EAL) followed by specific advice and support.
- Group work to support all aspects of emotional literacy using a solution focused approach.
- One to one skills development sessions including de-escalation techniques.
- Functional behaviour assessments.
- Solution focused interventions for pupils experiencing difficulties in school.
- Alternative therapies e.g. drama therapy.
- Tuition for EAL pupils.
- Staff wellbeing
- Behaviour management training for teachers and teaching assistants.
- Mid-day and cover supervisor behaviour management training.
- Parent workshops with a focus on behaviour management, attendance and ways to support at home.
- NQT training in classroom behaviour management - looking at both the implications for planning the teaching of those with specific behavioural needs and consideration of the learning environment.
- Whole school approaches to behaviour management including a Choice, Decision, Instruction framework (CDI).
- PSHE education training including safeguarding issues such as CSE.
- Whole school Prevent training.
- Whole class sessions relating to mental health, diversity and PSHE education.
Contact us to find out more about the specialist support we can provide.