Mental Health is a growing concern not only for children and young people but also for the adults who work with them.
We all experience pressure and stress at some time, this can be work or home related, and we all deal with it in different ways. It’s important we help staff, children and young people to work out how to cope with their situation to ensure positive health and wellbeing.
Consultancy and Training
Our specialist consultants are here to help and can support you with a range of support including:
- Staff wellbeing sessions.
- Pupil sessions focussed on maintaining positive mental health.
- Pupil sessions focused on issues which might affect mental health e.g. loss and bereavement.
- Support to address mental health through the curriculum usually through the PSHE education programme.
- Consultancy to write a development plan with mental health as the theme.
- An audit of mental health provision in your school.
Socially and Emotionally Ready to Learn Programme:
We offer a Socially and Emotionally Ready to Learn (SERL) Programme. This programme is designed to support children and young people whose barriers to learning fall into the category of social, emotional and /or mental health issues.
Participation in the SERL Programme will enable you to understand:
- Links between emotional growth and learning.
- The impact attachment difficulties can have on children and young people.
- The importance of quality relationships across the whole school community.
- The classroom as a secure base.
- That all behaviour is communication.
- The difference that you can make and ways to support vulnerable groups including Looked After Children.
Contact us to find out more about our mental health services.