Keeping pupils safe with specialised safeguarding support
Schools play an important role in keeping children out of harm’s way, as they are in a position to identify concerns early on, provide help, and prevent issues from escalating. It’s imperative then to teach your children about safeguarding and online safety as part of providing a broad and balanced curriculum, in keeping with the Department for Education’s (DfE) guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education.
How we can help you
Entrust Education Technologies has introduced a specialised online safety, computing curriculum and technology strategy support package to help you provide a safe environment in which your children can learn.
- Our e-safety consultants have a thorough understanding of how your school can improve its provision for e-safety in line with Ofsted guidance, as well as up-to-date knowledge of e-safety issues both inside and outside of the school environment
- Using the award winning j2e software suite, we’ll help you to create effective technology strategies to maximise impact on learning, reduce bureaucracy and save on associated costs
- We make sure that your school stays up to date with current issues and the appropriate practice, as well as meeting statutory requirements.
In fact, because of our vast experience in supporting schools to understand and address the relationship between wellbeing and life in a digital world, we’re often asked to speak at national conferences (including charity organisation SEBDA who supports social, emotional and mental health difficulties), and contributing to the writing of the DfE’s guidance Teaching Online Safety In Schools.
Among many others, our accreditations include:
- CEOP ambassador
- Accredited 360 degree safe e-safety mark assessor
- EPICT e-safety facilitator and assessor
- Digital parenting facilitator
- Google educator
- Apple education trainer
- Microsoft innovation
- EU GDPR practitioner
- STEM CPD mark associate facilitator
- BETT award winner
Our comprehensive annual support package allows you to choose three topic combinations from the sections below.
Section A (2.5 hours maximum split into two sessions delivered remotely)
- Online safeguarding policy advice, curriculum guidance and support based on the SWGfL 360 safe self-review tool
- General data protection regulation (GDPR) and data protection for senior leaders, advice for data security, maintaining legal compliance, staying up to date with current cybersecurity issues and how to deal with them
- Reviewing your computing curriculum and ensuring its robustness, including entitlement, progression, assessment and moderation
- Using technology to broaden your curriculum, deepen knowledge and create an excitement for wider learning
- Is your provision robust in the light of remote learning?
- Is your school ready for an Ofsted visit? How does your remote learning fit in with the requirements?
- Is your computing curriculum and staff ready for a deep dive?
- Making use of cloud technologies to support whole school improvement, from management and leadership to curriculum access
- What to do if your school is cyber attacked.
Section B (2.5 hours maximum split into two sessions delivered remotely)
- Review of actions from the SWGfL self-review tool via telephone support
- Identifying potential data breaches when delivering online learning and things to consider
- Whole school moderation of assessment and progress across the computing curriculum
- Strategic technology review based upon the Naace self-review framework (SRF).
Section C (2.5 hours maximum split into two sessions delivered remotely)
- Online safety workshop for staff, parents or governors
- Online safety themed assembly
- Mapping curriculum into each year group for online safety and digital literacy
- Online safety in-class support
- GDPR staff update training
- GDPR governor update training (also available as a webinar)
- Understanding how computers and networks really work.
You can choose:
- One item from Section A or B and two items from Section C
- Two items from Section A or two items from Section B
- One item from Section A and one item from Section B.
If more than one topic is chosen from Section C, only one can be a twilight session. In addition to the choices above, our offer also includes three webinars for one person, telephone and email support with a named consultant, and a termly online safety newsletter.
Get in touch for more information on our safeguarding support services.